Mason City, Iowa 50401
General Description of Work:
My photographs speak for themselves, through my work I try to convey what I see in shooting photographs most people pass by on a daily basis. My goal is to help people understand the world around us. As native Iowan, I capture the beauty of both the natural and technological worlds in which we all grew up. Whether cityscapes, muscle cars or a lone prairie flower, my subjects are photographed within a stable composition, with a flair for photographic ideas both in and out of the studio. I have been a freelance photographer for twenty two years, working with many different clients and Organizations through out the years.
Here are just a few of them....
- Des Moines,IA Art Center's Faces of Iowa exhibition. (00')
- Des Moines,IA Water Works Water Festival. (97')
- Grand View University Photo Gallery Manager Communications Building (97'-99') and Studenterfest. (96'-99')
- American Cancer Society of North Iowa Committee Member/Photographer. (04'-09')
- Mercy Medical Hospital of North Iowa Breast and Cervical Cancer Department Walk, Run and Wag (04'-08'). Here is a link to the Mercy Walk Wag Run for the Cure KLSS 106.1 May 17, 2008 Mercy Walk-Run-Wag for the Cure".
- "Artist of the Year" (96') along with my photo for the Sesquicentennial Award, using my photo "Rivers View" (shown above) as an award for contributors, with VSAI (Very Special Arts of Iowa). (95'-14')
- Iowa State Fair Photo Salon. (97' and 99')
- The Arts and Humanities Department through University of Iowa, known as Hey Ya visual arts in the Year of the Arts & Humanities. (04')
- Lecture Mens Garden Club of North Iowa in Mason City,IA. (12')
- Cerro Gordo/Webster County Iowa Community Emergency Responce Team Emergency Managment PIO/EOC (Team Member and Photographer/videographer). (05'-17')
- North Iowa Fair photo exhibits Judge in Mason City,IA. (03'- 10')
- Iowa Arts Council as an artist through their artist directory. (96'-14')
- Taught Photography class at the Red Rock art Center, Fairmont,Mn. (12')
- Very Special Arts Arts of Iowa Artist. (95'-13')
- Metro Arts Artsability Des Moines,IA. (15')
I have received an Associates in General Studies Arts/Science degree from Des Moines Area Community College in 1993, B.A. in Communications Radio/TV and Photography through the Creative and Performing Arts curriculum from Grand View University in 1999,
A.S. degree as a Business Systems Information Technician, Certificates in Computer diagnostics, Foundations of security, SO/HO network managment, Web Design from North Iowa Area Community College 2009, Makeing the Deans List Spring 2009. I have taught adult education photography classes at North Iowa Area Community College. (02'-14')
I have owned Portraits of Iowa, for twenty two years. (95'-17')
I will work with clients to photograph subjects from buildings to custom vehicles and nature presenting this information through the use of lecture and PowerPoint presentations,Contact me for information and fees.
Workshops cover the basics of photography; Digital, cameras and lenses, types of photography, subjects and subject locations, how to upload your photos from your digital camera to your computer and how to manipulate them for use in emails and basic web design. The workshops are designed for beginner and intermediate students who want practical and quick results.
- Family Reunions
- Company Events
- Custom Vehicles
- Business Cards
- Graphics/Web Store Fronts
- Lighting Consultant
- Book Covers
- Digital Media
- Stock Photography
- Adult Eduacation (Beginners/Interemediate Photography)
All Regions of Iowa (surrounding states by request).
Performance Fees, Mileage charges, related to services are Based upon the type of work being done, travel time, lodging and mileage.
|Brochures, Awards and Website Headers||
|2010 FEG Publications||
|2012 FEG Publications||
Mason City, Iowa 50401 Portraits of Iowa© 1995-2017